Friday, December 30, 2011

If you didn't come to party...

don't bother knockin' on my door.

sometimes no one can say it quite like prince.

it's hard to believe that 2011 is coming to a close (wasn't will smith just singing Will2k?) but what a year it's been. as another dec. 31 approaches, i once again reflect on the past twelve months and i feel so overcome with love, luck and happiness. most importantly, i'm happy to say that i made good on most all of this year's resolutions which means to me, i've made myself a little more good as well. :)

to recap:
our little home is littered with photos of us committing to a lifetime of wedding bliss on our favorite NC beach; e + i explored the food and culture in san francisco and on two islands of hawaii and vieques, puerto rico; i've experimented more with my closet full of gems and am finally re-incorporating my heels and color into my wardrobe over my cardi + jeans; i volunteered for both habitat for humanity and a local cat rescue organization and whether at the beginning or the end of the day, i got enough "me" time to help me gather my thoughts/feelings for or from the day, which totally recharged my energy. from that though, i DID learn that i just loved to take that energy and use it up on friends + family, because i have the kind that are totally worth it. the road rage...well...five out of six ain't bad!

e + i will be compiling our list of resolutions + the year's highlights like we do every year, tomorrow over wine + yummies. and we're sure to pop bottles, throw some confetti and mumble the lyrics to auld lang syne when that NYC ball drops at midnight. above all, i couldn't be more excited to write down things that i hope to make happen in 2012. among some of the many adventures, there will be paris! e will start his new job! and...this gal will welcome the big 3-0! as all others, it'll be a year of new beginnings, growth, change and surely, surprises!

cheers + happy new year to you!
xox

No comments: