this year, over a bottle of wine + a croque madame, we noted that we've been very good about our resolutions of the past, which made us excited to create new ones for 2011. however, i couldn't help but notice as we tapped the pen to our thoughts, the list of resolutions this year was shorter than previous. and i thought, (while our highlights portion grew from page, to page, to page) do the number of ways we vow to better ourselves with each passing year decrease as, well...each year passes?
i seem to always write a slew of words that inspire me to get up, get out + get something immediately out of the brand new year's arrival. after all, it is a refreshing, clean slate that you can do anything with if you choose. my sister put it best when she said, "for the rest of the year, there is no 12:01 like this one." and i agree. it is an end + a beginning all at once and i find excitement in that fact.
last year i made a commitment to stop thinking by way of, "new year, new you," simply because i like myself just fine + therefore only wanted to change a few things. and not to toot my own horn but, i once again did an admirable job sticking to my resolutions (tooot, toooo!). so i'm at it again this year - new year, same me (with more minor improvements!).
on the list for 2011, i resolve to:
- FINALLY get some wedding pictures up around the apt. it's been almost 2 years...
- lose the road rage.
- visit + experience (food, sights, sounds) at least three new cities.
- give my daily uniform (skinny jeans, v-neck shirt + cardigan, with boots) a rest at least twice a week. (side note: this will be a toughie. i mean, really hard. if you know me, you're probably asking what on this green earth will i wear...i'll keep you updated).
- slow down my schedule...just a teeny bit, to enjoy more "me" time.
- volunteer. it's about time i put this resolution (and some hours on my free weekends) to good use.
- be OK if one or none of these work. after all, in the first few days of a new year, how am i to know who i'll be, what i'll do, or where i'll go, for the next 11 months! ;)