after spending one blissful, warm, relaxing + absolutely lazy week on an island in the sun i came to one conclusion:
if this gal were stranded on a deserted island in the middle of the caribbean, she'd be...just fine.
of course i'd need a few things: sunscreen, a hat, an iPod that never needed charging, a natural water source, a bottomless bottle of vodka, an endless supply of mint (to make my new fave which they called a "guaracha." very much like a mojito but swap the rum for vodka...delish.), the twilight series + of course, my husband. (what? too much?)
but really, i could do it. some people get bored, need a change of scenery, need new company. but me, i'm at home with my toes in the sand, my face in the sun, the ocean in my view + eric by my side.
5 things i missed while on vacation:
1. daily skype with sister
2. daily "coffee" with caroline
3. daily chats with the parents
4. 70-degree weather that apparently hit boston while we were gone
5 things i miss since i've been back:
1. the view from my beach chair
2. everyday, uninterrupted, with e
3. abundance of (ripe) fresh fruit (papya! mango! kiwis!)
4. the warm temps + sunshine
5. cocktails around the clock!