city living. i got yelled at twice today for no reason at all. thank GOD it wasn't one of those days. because i would've had to sit down on the curb and cry. first time (ok, this woman yelled at me with her eyes, but we all know it means the same thing and feels the same way...): i was crossing a side street, let me repeat, a SIDE STREET and someone turning left acted like my existence was about as inconvenient as a red-headed step child. the second time, i was looking at these awesome argyle tights in a store, about to drop $18 on them and the woman told me that "IF I HAD ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE TIGHTS TO ASK HER...WE DON'T TAKE THEM OUT OF THE PACKAGE." i looked around, surely she wasn't talking to me...the tights i was holding were still in the package. i chalked it up to her not taking her meds and dropped the tights and left.
to ensure the perfect end of any day:
1. bathtub (in my super-fun, checkered bathroom)
2. paddywax rosemary scented travel candle (so small, but fills the whole room - and then some, with the most relaxing fragrance)
3. rubber duckies (my peace duck to remind me that it's always there, just in reach, floating around happily and perhaps now, closer to us than it has been in awhile; luxe duck to remind me that in this time of recession, city expenses and job hunting, a girl can still shine and look chic)
4. bella's happily ever after bubble bath (because sometimes i need to be reminded that everything will be ok)
5. a kick-ass playlist made by my sig other playing softly in the background
gus will eventually come in and stare at his reflection in the water and my scalding hot water will begin to cool. but, for about 45 minutes i get to enjoy my favorite pastime...no yelling.